The heat invites us to go out on the street to play sports, and it is a good way to get in touch with nature while we exercise. On this occasion to continue gain muscle mass outdoors we will focus on the parks, specifically in the training of bodybuilding that we can carry out in a park.
In the parks, we can find benches, trees, ponds … But there are also stations prepared to train and exercise. Most of them are provided with a series of logs arranged in such a way that will allow us to perform different exercises in the open air as if it were any gym. Parallel bars to do dominated, benches of abdominal … All this is usually what we find in a park and is what we are going to stop to be able to exercise in this environment that will help us evade.
The use of our own weight or extra weight through ballasts
In most of these devices prepared for muscle training, we usually work with our own weight. To achieve the best results we recommend the correct execution of the exercises. Performing each movement slowly and concentrated is one of the best ways to influence more effectively the muscles that we want to work. Therefore, it is very good that we know perfectly the development of each exercise and the part that is going to work, in order to train much better.
We can also use other alternatives like the use of ballasts. In this case, we can use weight bags attached to the waist. We can find them in sports stores or make one simply with a bag full of sand from the park and fastened to the waist for exercises such as those dominated by dorsal or the bottoms of the chest in parallel and triceps.In addition, we can use ankle weights for leg exercises, as this will increase the weight and thus the intensity of exercise.
Routine type to train in the park
We on this occasion will highlight a simple general routine to work in an outdoor park.
- Side leg set on the bench: We will make it on top of a park bench as a step. With this exercise, we will work the legs in general. What we do will be placed laterally next to the bench. We will go up on the bench the leg that is closest to the bench raising our whole body on the bench. Once up the leg that we had leaning on the bench, we will place it on the ground of the other side and so on.The idea is to make a series of 15 repetitions per side to work thoroughly all the muscles of the legs in addition to coordination.
- Front elevations of legs on a bench: For this exercise, we are going to stand facing the bench with our legs together. First, we will raise a leg that we will place on the bench. With this leg, we will raise the whole body. And once we are up, with the leg that is free we will kick back so that we contract all the muscles in this movement. Then we will go down again, and the leg that remains pound we will carry it back until we support it on the ground and we will repeat this sequence again. The ideal is to perform about 4 sets of 15 to 20 repetitions each.
- Jumps on the bench: This is also an exercise to work the legs. In this case, we will stand to face the bench with our legs together. Keeping our legs together what we will do will propel us by stopping a bit to jump up on the bench with both legs at a time without separating them. Once we are on the bench we will stretch and from a saint back we will return to the ground again. For this exercise, we recommend 4 sets of about 15 to 20 repetitions.
- Pectoral Press: With this exercise, we will work the entire pectoral part. For this, we will rely on a bench or some of the timbers arranged in the area of bodybuilding of the park. What we will do is support the feet by the tips on the ground. With the whole straight body, we will place the open hands at the height of the chest on the bench or the wood and we will realize elevations of the body through the action of the pectoral muscles. We recommend doing 4 sets of about 12 to 15 repetitions each.
- Triceps Press: With this exercise, we will focus directly on the triceps and secondarily on the pectoral and deltoid. For this, we will start from the position described in the previous exercise. Except that, on this occasion, the hands will be placed closer to the trunk. Hitting cases almost with the arms in it. The mechanics will be the same, raising the trunk by the action of the arms, in this case, the triceps. We will do 4 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
- Dorsal Dominated: With this exercise, we will be exercising the dorsal muscles. All of which make up the shoulder and indirectly the biceps. For this, we will use the bar for dominates that we will find in the area of musculación of the park. The mechanics will be the same as in the gym. We will hang from the bar grabbed by the hands that we will place separately or together. Depending on the area that we want to work. In this way what we will do will be to elevate our body through the action of the dorsal. If we separate the hands we will work the outer part more, and if we join them. We will do the internal part. In this case, we recommend 4 sets of about 10 repetitions each. In its defect, we will arrive at the fault.
- Biceps dominated: We will work the dorsal inner and biceps. For this, we will perform dominates, like those described above, only, in this case. The grip will be performed together and with the hands upside down, that is, with the palms facing us. The distance between the arms will be small and the legs must be advanced. We will do 4 sets of about 10 repetitions.
- Parallel Bending: For this, we will use the parallels that we will find in the park. With this exercise, we will work the lower part of the pectoralis and the triceps. We will place each hand in each of the parallels and leave the body hanging. The only point of support will be the hands. The movement to follow will be lowered to the maximum by bending the elbows and keeping the arms immobile. Then we will raise the body through the action of the triceps and pectorals. We recommend doing 4 sets of about 12 to 15 repetitions.
Some Tips for Training in Full Sun to Gain Muscle
It is very important to keep in mind that you can perform more exercises than the ones we propose. Which is simply a basic routine to know what to do if we are going to train the park. That is why we encourage you to enrich everyone with other types of exercises that we know to Gain Muscle and that may be of interest to us.
Let’s not forget that when training outdoors we must protect ourselves from the sun. For this, we recommend a perfect hydration. And if it can be through isotonic drinks better than better to get the minerals we lose through sweat. The skin will be protected by the use of protective creams. The same will do with the head. The use of caps or a handkerchief will avoid overexposing the head to the effect of the sun.