No need to use sunscreens last summer, or products containing alcohol half an hour before sunbathing …
Not to be sparing in the amount of sunscreen that we use for proper protection
In the thing, in pools, rivers … or a simple walk. In midsummer, the enemy is the sun. Avoid their mishaps is easy if you follow some tips. This time Pilar Perez, Professor at the International University of La Rioja, offers the keys to minimize the risks that entails sun exposure.
- Before sunbathing, you should avoid using products containing alcohol and perfumes,as the colonies or deodorants as they can lead to dark spots on the skin.
- The skin should be properly hydrated,clean and without makeup.
- Choose a sunscreen to LTA SPF 30 or 50+ high PFS and physical filter for children under 2 years and chemist for the rest of the population.
- This product should be applied 30 minutes before sun exposure, which is the time it takes for the skin to absorb it, here the skin should be dry.
- Reapply always after bathing or an excessive sweating.
- Often we get an insufficient amount of cream sun and to compensate we must apply and, after half an hour, repeat this gesture.
- The first sun exposures should be progressive in doses of 10, 15 and 20 minutes and preferably in motion. It not recommended more than half an hour a day.
- Do not use sunscreens from year to year,as they have been in overheated places (cars, beaches …) and this can cause the filters lose effectiveness and the rate of product protection appears lowered.
- Take extra precautions between 12 and 16 hours when the sun’s rays are more aggressive, times when we must avoid sunbathing or increase protection.
- Equally careful we must be when protect some areas of our body and face:the face, neck, head, neck and ears are more sensitive to the sun areas.
- Use sunglasses appropriate, of pencils or bars photo-resist lips, and hats to protect the head.
- Eat plenty of fluids,to compensate for the loss that occurs in the sun exposure.
Other additional precautions
But care does not end after the beach day after sunbathing, the skin is damaged by air drying, chlorine or salt, so you should take a shower without using soap with too surfactant or perfumes. “then apply a moisturizer that nourish, refresh and moisturize the skin. After applying Sun is a good choice to help us prolong your tan, soothe and moisturize our skin “.
“Food also helps prevent skin aging”
In this sense, food is also important in preventing skin aging accelerated, “in many cases, for prolonged sun exposure, it is advisable to consume an adequate amount of fresh fruit, vegetables, and cereals with high fiber and antioxidants “says the professor.
Finally, Pilar Perez reminds us that the hair suffers as much as the skin: “Every time you are exposed to sun or beach water, dehydrated hair loses shine and nutrients. Also, the more time you spend in the water, the protein loses hair, “therefore recommended” use shampoo, mask or conditioning products sunscreen products. Also, if you go swimming often you use a cap and never expose yourself to the sun with wet or damp hair, because ultraviolet rays do more damage to the hair when it is not dry. If you have no choice, cover with a hat or scarf, especially if it is a moment between twelve noon and five p.m. “.