Pan of Sausage – This recipe combines a hint of transgression , since the pork sausage, the healthiness of the two red vegetable, onion and grapes , which instead – just their color – are irreplaceable nutritional properties. In addition to balancing the pot from this point of view, the onion and the grapes also have the task of balancing the flavor of a delicious plate, announcing the fall on the table, adding a sweet note to the strong-flavor of the sausage.
This week therefore, under the lens we have made the … red color of fruits and vegetables , in particular of grapes and red onion.
8 Good Reasons To Eat Red Vegetables
- The grape, known detox fruit , elevated diuretic properties, when it is red or black is particularly beneficial, due to the presence of resveratrol , a powerful natural antioxidant, contained mainly in the skin (the one that is also found in red wine), whichreduces the formation of free radicals , responsible for any body’s aging process.
- Red grape, recently, some studies being incapable of curbing the proliferation of cancer cells , with particular reference to breast cancer in women.
- In particular, the red grape has antiviral properties , thanks to the tannic acid content and of phenol, able to contrast, for example, the herpes simplex virus.
- Moreover, fruit and vegetables in red is primarily distinguished for their important antioxidant properties and the ability to prevent cancers andcardiovascular diseases , while also protecting the epithelial tissue.
- Their color in fact is given by the presence ofanthocyanins and carotenoids , good allies to combat diseases of the blood vessels, the capillary fragility and ahigh level of cholesterol in the blood.
- The red vegetables also are rich in vitamin C , and thuspromote the production of collagen , helping to keep intact blood vessels, stimulating the body’s immune system and wound healing.
- Another secret of the red vegetables – such as onions and grapes used in this recipe – are so-called flavonoids : substances that act mainly gastrointestinal, helping to neutralize the formation of the dreaded free radicals.
- Red fruits also are rich in beta-carotene , which has a known provitamin action: it is a precursor of vitamin A , essential for growth, tissue preservation and the immune system.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 500 g of pork sausage ribbon
- A big bunch of red grapes
- 4 red onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to do
- Shells’ s grapes , wash the grapes well under running water, dry them and cut them in half, removing the seeds. Set aside.
- Peel and cut into thin slices the onions . Get a large frying pan, pour l ‘ oil and make the onion gently and long, gradually adding a little hot water and then leaving it to absorb. Season with salt and pepper freshly ground black at the moment. Cook it for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the sausage into pieces no longer than 3 cm and throw them in a pan, hot. Dick brown very well on high heat (without burning) then lowers and continues to turn over the pieces of sausage.
- When they are cooked, transfer them to the pan the onion, draining them of fat that will be issued, and then add the red wine grapes cut in half. Mix well and season with more pepper, if necessary. hot servants.
What does the nutritionist *:
” At the table it is important to vary the diet and indulge even some transgression. In this, therefore, the pork meat, and in particular, the tasty sausage may be consumed one-off . To contain “the damage” so rich foods are indicated on the cooking method and the accompaniment. So it is crucial the sausage grease, eliminating the fat that releases in cooking (as taught this recipe) and accompany it with fiber-rich foods, such as onions and grapes, which facilitate intestinal transit and are highly antioxidant and diuretics, especially if red . ”
* Prof. Evelina Flack, a specialist in food Science-Nutritionist.
He collaborates with the test of the cook , Raiuno, and is President of the Italian Foundation for nutrition education
In the kitchen you do that …
The grape keeps well for several days in the refrigerator, in a paper bag.
The use of grapes in the kitchen, as evidenced by the recipe for this week, can be successfully expanded by the sweet preparations (such as sweet focaccia all ‘ black grapes, click here to read the recipe) in salt water: for example, the buns with cheese, grapes and rosemary or roast with prunes and grapes.
in particular, for savory preparations, I prefer the red or black grapes in as it is less sweet , it has the largest skin and retains its properties even at elevated temperatures.