Açai, Lucuma, Baobab … Get Used to These Names, Because They will be The Superfoods That Marked Trend This New Year.
Surely You Have Heard of Chia, Maca or Goji Berries as super nutrients of high nutritional and high levels contained in antioxidants, essential fatty acids, vitamins … But, have you heard of açaí, camu camu, la Lucuma or the baobab? You will probably start to hear them, because of their interesting properties come stomping. Do you want to know Interesting Things about Them? Read on…
Açai ( Superfoods )
The açaí is the fruit of a species of palm that only grows wild in the north of Brazil. Indigenous people have used it for centuries, as well as food, as a medicine to cure skin diseases and treat digestive problems. It has begun to become fashionable due to other superfoods of similar origin with similar benefits. Acai Berries provide a huge amount of antioxidants (15 times higher than the antioxidants contributed by the grape), fiber plant protein, vitamins A, C and group B, as well as essential fatty acids 3, 6 and 9. In addition, it has other features:
- Anti-Cancer Effect: Contains ellagic acid, which promotes the death of cells with abnormal behaviors, such as carcinogens, without affecting healthy cells.
- Rejuvenating Properties: Having a high capacity to absorb free radicals thanks to its antioxidant effect, the açaí contributes to the aging of cells at a slower rate and stay healthy much longer.
- Strengthening of The Nervous System: thanks to the omega 3 and 6 acids, indispensable for the good functioning of the brain and the nervous system in general.
- Low Glycemic Index: has a very low level of assimilable carbohydrates, in addition to providing very few calories.
- Açaí is usually marketed in berries or powder, which we can add to our vegetable drinks, water or include it in some of our culinary recipes, such as a light mousse or some sweet, as it has a flavor similar to of chocolate. You will not want to miss it!
Camu camu is a tree native to the Amazon jungle, which produces fruits rich in vitamin C. It is important in functions related to the formation of collagen, the good appearance of the skin, the correct absorption of iron and the optimal formation of our bones and blood vessels. Camu camu follows the trail of other superfoods from the South American continent such as maca or quinoa.
- Anti-Aging Properties: Its content in flavonoids, excellent antioxidants that help fights free radicals.
- Strengthening of The Immune System: Thanks to its content in vitamin C. The body has a great contribution of protection and reinforcement of the immune system.
- Reinforcement in The Formation of Collagen: Its contribution in vitamin C favors the formation of collagen and the consequent reinforcement of ligaments and tendons.
- The Camu Camu is marketed in powder and can be added to smoothies. And shakes in combination with fruits or simply in vegetable drinks, yogurt or water. Here are more healthy juice ideas.
Lucuma is a fruit tree of Andean origin and helps to raise hemoglobin levels in blood by its iron content. Its High Contribution in B1, B2 and B3 Stimulates The Good Functioning of the Nervous System among other benefits. So it is a good complement against depression and decay.
- For its vitamin B2 helps the proper functioning of the nervous system, the maintenance of mucous membranes in optimal conditions and protection against free radicals.
- Reduces fatigue and contributes to normal iron metabolism
- For its vitamin B3 reduces levels of high cholesterol and blood triglycerides.
- You can prevent Alzheimer’s , as several studies verify that people who receive higher levels of niacin in their diet have a lower risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
The lucuma can be consumed fresh. It is also used for the preparation of desserts, since the chefs consider it the gourmet of the sweeteners. And it is more and more present in the confectionery of the world and in the elaboration of rich cocktails.
The baobab is a native tree of the African continent. The fruit of baobab is very rich in vitamins of group B. Has six times more vitamin C than any citric and twice as much calcium as milk. Baobab seeds can used to replace the coffee extract. While the pulp has a very high vitamin C load, which gives it a very Acidic and Refreshing Taste.
- Prebiotic properties: due to its fiber content and polyphenols helps the proper functioning of the intestinal flora.
- High antioxidant activity: concentrated in its pulp, its high content of vitamin C helps slow cellular aging.
- High iron content and B vitamins
The idea is to consume 1 or 2 tablespoons daily of the powder of the fruit of the baobab. You can Mix it in shakes or dusted in fruits. A very complete milkshake could be almond milk, a banana and two tablespoons of baobab powder.